Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weeknight Dessert- Amaretto Peach Sunday

So sitting down to write about tonight's dinner has made me hungry again...and as I'm sure you've noticed...I've got a sweet tooth. I find a way to eat dessert not just daily, but after most meals. Even if its just a Hershey kiss (or 5) after lunch, I need to end on a sweet note. Many nights its just ice cream - I've been on a Hagen-Dazs Coffee kick lately as a matter of fact- but tonight, I scrounged up something slightly more exciting. I have huge bowl of fresh peaches on the kitchen table which as of today are perfectly ripe. I peeled and sliced one over a scoop of Mayfield vanilla ice cream in a bowl. I could have stopped there but I'm a food blogger now aren't I? Amaretti cookies are a pantry staple in my kitchen. They are low fat/low cal and are like little crunchy almondy nuggets of HEAVEN. So I crumbled three or four of them (they are really tiny, I promise) over the peaches and then splashed a wee bit of Amaretto over the top. Must have been good because it went down pretty fast without the chance to get a picture and if I hadn't stopped to write about it-I might have convinced myself to make another one. Hmmmm.

1 comment: