Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Seared Salmon Salad with Pears, Goat Cheese Hazelnuts and Cranberries

Another great quick and easy weeknight dinner for you... We actually had this the night before driving up to Kentucky for the wedding and I think it took me about 18 minutes total to pull it together. I seasoned two salmon filets (about 1/3 lb each) with salt and pepper and cooked in a skillet over med-high heat for about 3 minutes per side. (You can sear it with the skin on and then once its cooked, the skin peels off really easily. I like to remove the skin before setting the filet on the salad because it tastes fishier.)
While the salmon cooled slightly, I prepared the salad. I started with a big pile of baby spinach on each dinner plate and topped that with a sprinkle of dried cranberries, slices of DELICIOUSLY sweet red bartlett pear, crumbled goat cheese and toasted hazelnuts.
I made one of my go-to vinaigrettes of champagne vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, minced shallot, salt and pepper which I drizzled over the salmon and the salad. It was the perfect mix of sweet, tart, and savory- satisfying but light and healthy too. It beats take-out or pizza on a busy packing night!

No comments:

Post a Comment